Shareablee today released a Q2 2016 ranking of the most socially-engaged S&P 500 brands in the U.S. The ranking, which includes all S&P 500 properties’ main flagship pages and ancillary pages, reflects a total of nearly 3.2 billion actions on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr. This represents a 15 percent engagement increase compared with Q2 2015, driven by 74% increase in Instagram actions. Engagement from video also grew significantly year over year, increasing 77% in Q2 2016. Overall engagement also increased 7% compared with Q1 2016.
The Walt Disney Company ranked No. 1 overall with 818.2 million actions, a 42% increase compared with Q2 2015. Disney generated more engagement than any other S&P brand on Facebook (38% of total engagement), Twitter (7%) and Instagram (54%). It also generated more engagement from video content than any other S&P brand.
Comcast Corporation ranked second with 406.1 million actions, and outpaced every other S&P 500 brand with more than 8.8 million actions. 21 st Century Fox took the No. 3 spot with 337.5 million actions in Q2, a 15% year-over-year engagement improvement. Among the Top 25, no other S&P 500 brand experienced more year-over-year engagement growth than Estée Lauder Companies . The cosmetics manufacturer generated 192% more engagement in Q2 compared with the same time last year with 92% coming on Instagram.
- Total actions metric includes the total volume of post-level likes, shares, retweets, and comments for all properties under each brand across platforms.
- Total fans/followers metric includes fans, followers and subscribers for all properties under each brand as of June 30, 2016.
- Percent of Engagement from video metric is the percentage of total actions that were brought in by video posts and tweets across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- The percent change in actions metric calculates the growth or decline in total actions in June 2016 compared to May 2016.
Other notable findings include:
For more social insights from the financial services industry, check out Investing in Social: How the Top Finance Brands Drive Results.
- The Top Five S&P 500 Brands ranked by video engagement: The Walt Disney Company (164.6 million actions), Time Warner, Inc. (105.6 million actions), 21 st Century Fox (96.8 million actions), Comcast Corporation (80.1 million actions) and Facebook, Inc. (55.6 million actions)
- The Top Five Sports Media Brands on Facebook: The Walt Disney Company (309.7 million actions), 21 st Century Fox (282.6 million actions), Comcast Corporation (268.8 million actions), Time Warner, Inc. (152.2 million actions) and Viacom, Inc. (85.8 million actions)
- The Top Five Sports Media Brands on Twitter: The Walt Disney Company (61.1 million actions), Time Warner, Inc. (30.3 million actions), Comcast Corporation (20.4 million actions), 21 st Century Fox (19.7 million) and Viacom (16.8 million actions)
- The Top Five Sports Media Brands on Instagram: The Walt Disney Company (441.7 million actions), Facebook, Inc. (229.3 million actions), L Brands, Inc. (125.3 million actions), Comcast Corporation (107.3 million actions) and Time Warner, Inc. (104.2 million actions)