2017s Top 10 Canadian TV Networks on Social

Published on Sep 13th, 2017

New York, NY, September 13, 2017 - Shareablee, a leader in social media measurement, released the Top 10 Canadian TV Networks on social in 2017.

Shareablee reported that from January to August 2017, Canadian TV Networks generated a total of 133 million social actions, 1.4 billion video views and 31 million video actions across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Out of the 133 million total actions that were generated, 82% of them came from Facebook while the remaining 18% split between Twitter and Instagram. This suggest that Facebook is the most engaged and influential platform in the Canadian market today.

The Sport Network (TSN), a Canadian English-language sports specialty service, dominates Canadian TV networks by taking the #1 spot with 17.4 million social actions, making up 13% of total social engagements. Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, CBC News, took the #2 spot with 15.1 million social actions. CBC News also took the top spot for most shares and video actions at 4 million content shares and 3.9 million video actions. TVA Nouvelles, the news division of TVA group and also a French-language television network in Canada, takes the #3 spot with 12.1 million actions.

Global News, the news division of Global Television Network, a Canadian Broadcast Television Network, not only takes the #4 spot with 11.1 million social actions, but also holds top spot for highest video views at 208 million views.

~Notable Performance~

NTD Television, a Chinese-language specialty channel that launched in 2012, makes the Top 10 Canadian TV Networks list at #9 with 3.7 million total social engagements. Despite having the lowest number of audience at 84 thousand, NTD Television managed to generate the highest actions per post, at 990 actions per post.

Other Notable findings include:

  • The Top Three Canadian TV Networks on Facebook: CBC News (13.8 million actions), TVA Nouvelles (12 million actions), Global News (10.7 million actions)

  • The Top Three Canadian TV Networks on Twitter: Sportsnet (1 million actions), CBC News (904 thousand actions), TSN (542 thousand actions)

  • The Top Three Canadian TV Networks on Instagram: TSN (12 million actions), Sportsnet (1 million actions), Family Channel (632 thousand actions)

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Want to keep up to date with news, webinars, resources and product updates before everyone else?

Subscribe now

Shareablee Inc.

Now it’s time to get in touch!

With all the ways to talk to us, there’s no excuse not to.

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Shareablee Inc.
Subscribe Now