Last Modified: August 15, 2018
Accepting on Behalf of Others. If you are using the Shareablee API services on behalf of someone else (such as your employer or a client), you represent and warrant that you have authority to bind that person or entity to these Terms and by accepting the Terms, you are doing so on behalf of that person or entity (and all references to “you” in the Terms refers to that person or entity).
- Don’t share your access credentials outside of your organization.
- We may limit or remove your access to the API if your memory, data, or CPU usage is excessive, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- You may not request, collect, and/or store any personal data which may include social URLs, labels, userIDs, friendly names or handles.
- Display the Shareablee logo in any integration and in any public facing description or announcement of the integration.
- Don’t use the Shareablee API if you’re an entity or person which sells or otherwise provides software, platform, other access to social media metrics and analyses to third parties, or is competitive to Shareablee in any way.
- Each API token and/or IP address respectively, are limited to 5 requests per second. If you exceed these limits, you may be subject to additional terms, review, and/or have the API token revoked.
- You may only copy and or request a reasonable amount of data for your application and/or use, as determined in Shareablee’s sole discretion, and in accordance with the approved use case(s).
- Dictionary contents and its’ structure may not be enumerated. Shareablee category, entity, object IDs and property names are Shareablee data and not licensed except by express written agreement. You may only use this information to effect your requests for metrics and/or content.
- Your usage of the Shareablee API services requires you to maintain reasonable and appropriate administrative, organizational, technical and physical controls designed to ensure the privacy, security, and confidentiality of the data accessed through the Shareablee API, Shareablee confidential information, and any user data collected by your API client(s) to protect from accidental or unauthorized destruction, access or use.
- If your application or use of the Shareablee API results in 1% or more of your requests generating error responses from Shareablee (as defined in the API documentation) we may, at our sole discretion, suspend your access,
- If your application usage increases more than 20% in any 7-day period, we may, at our sole discretion, ask for use-cases and request a business justification.
- Ensure that any data that is collected is anonymous.
- Don’t use data to build or augment any user profiles.
- Don’t use data to retarget users.
- Data obtained through the Shareablee API may not be stored for longer than 30 days unless otherwise expressly approved in writing by Shareablee.
- Shareablee may at any time request you to remove, delete, or otherwise destroy any data you’ve obtained from the Shareablee API.
- ISINs are offered as a convenience only and follow the published ISO 6166 guidelines. Your use of ISIN’s may be subject to additional terms from the numbering authority.
- Applications may not attempt to access endpoints or data which is not expressly licensed.
- We reserve the right to audit, analyze, review, or otherwise monitor your usage of the Shareablee API and the data collected from it, including any app, systems or records utilized with the Shareablee API and/or the data collected from it to ensure your use of the Shareablee API and the data you receive from it complies with these terms and our TOS, and that you’ve complied with our requests to delete data obtained through or from our platform. If requested, you must provide us with proof that your application complies with our terms.
- Any data and/or content collected from Shareablee may not be used by, or knowingly displayed, distributed, or otherwise made available to:
- any private or public sector entity (or any entities providing services to such entities) whose primary function or mission includes conducting surveillance or gathering intelligence, for surveillance purposes,
- any entity for the purposes of conducting or providing surveillance, analyses or research that isolates a group of individuals or any single individual for any unlawful or discriminatory purpose or in a manner that would be inconsistent with our users’ reasonable expectations of privacy;
- any entity to target, segment, or profile individuals based on health (including pregnancy), negative financial status or condition, political affiliation or beliefs, racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical affiliation or beliefs, sex life or sexual orientation, trade union membership, data relating to any alleged or actual commission of a crime, or any other sensitive categories of personal information prohibited by law;
- any entity that you reasonably believe will use such data to violate the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (located at http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/), including without limitation Articles 12, 18, or 19.
- We may prohibit your use of any service provider in connection with your use of our API and or platform.
- You and your API client(s) will, and you will require those acting on your behalf and your users to, (i) comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, and (ii) not access or use the Shareablee API services in a manner that violates such laws, rules, and regulations, or in a manner that is deceptive, unethical, false, or misleading. Without limiting the foregoing, you will not distribute, or provide access, to your API client(s) in contravention of U.S. export control or trade laws.
- We may take actions to enforce compliance against your app or website if we conclude you have violated our terms or are negatively impacting the Shareablee service, platform, or business, and we may suspend your app or website, with our without advance notice, while we investigate suspected violations of our terms. We may or may not notify you in advance.
- Enforcement is both automated and manual, and can include disabling your app, restricting you and your app’s access to platform functionality, requiring that you delete data, terminating our agreements with you or any other action that we deem appropriate.
- Our API and other provided developer tools may include or enable links to third-party websites, advertisers, services, special offers, or other events or activities that Shareablee doesn’t own or control. We don’t endorse or assume any responsibility for these third-party sites, information, materials, products, or services. If you or your users access any third-party website, service, or content from Shareablee, you do so at your own risk. You also agree that Shareablee will have no liability arising from your use of or access to any third-party website, service, or content.
Updates and Maintenance
- We may change these terms at any time without prior notice. Please check them regularly. Your continued use of the Shareablee API constitutes acceptance of those changes.
- Right to Modify. Shareablee is constantly innovating and as part of this continuing innovation, Shareablee may alter or discontinue any aspect of the Shareablee API services (including any specifications, protocols, or methods of accessing any aspect of the Shareablee API services) as applied to any specific Shareablee API user or API client, category of users or API clients, or all users or API clients, at any time and without notice or announcement. Shareablee will try to give you reasonable advance notice or to make a prior announcement.
Application/Use Case Approval
- Your application must be submitted for approval before release to production. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Your application submission must include a brief but clear use-case for each endpoint used and screen shots of how data is presented in your application (if applicable).
- We can issue a press release describing our relationship with you.
- Avoid replicating or otherwise duplicating the Shareablee platform and/or services.